To overcome the challenge, GSPANN focused on simplifying the drag-and-drop navigation option to reduce the content authoring time and effort along with providing the authors with a unified content preview that includes future-dated content publication options. GSPANN delivered an end-to-end solution that includes application architecture, UI development, QA automation, application deployment, and WCS infrastructure support. We developed a software utility to migrate the content from BCC to WCS, deployed automation for content validation of daily content flips and publication for future-dated content. Besides, we also integrated WCS with Akamai Edge Server to render dynamic content for the end-users based on their geographic location.
The e-commerce website performance was optimized, and the content management was simplified through clear division and management of content and commerce-centric pages into:
- WCS pages – Home, Sales event, Brand landing, and Gift registry pages.
- WCS Content – Header, Footer, and Navigation.
- ATG Pages – Product, Catalogue, Shipping address, Credit Card details, and Search pages.
- Akamai Edge Server Integration – Provided content caching of webpages with flexible page expiry.
- Apigee API – Integrated to pass through and throttle page content without aggregation.
- Endeca’s API – Integrated with WCS to get search categories for the guided search.
- Akamai TTL and purge solutions to flip content, which was not possible via BCC.
This resulted in a seamless integration of WCS and OCC platforms that enabled marketers to update and publish content in near real-time. The solution was also integrated with Akamai to control page expiration within Akamai for all WCS and OCC-managed pages.
Content marketers can now perform A/B testing and have it work seamlessly with Akamai, while managing content in one location to publish across all target channels.