Three teams got involved in implementing a holistic solution for the company that included business analysis and requirements gathering, application and connector development, and quality engineering (QE). Our teams built a sustainable solution that reduced the development time required to bring new partners on board by redesigning shipment handling and invoicing.
We introduced another innovative solution that improved new partner onboarding by changing company practices. The change we introduced allows for processing two to three new partners in parallel rather than waiting until a single onboarding process is complete.
The QE team addressed quality problems by implementing strict version control and locking the folder containing the application code undergoing testing. They modified the test process by introducing configuration-driving testing and updating the configuration at run time. The team also automated previously manual processes and introduced a common exception handling framework.
The team resolved new partner communications issues by performing proof-of-concept (POC) implementations with various protocols in Boomi before testing the actual partner connection. The team ensured that the recent partner connection was well documented and trained the company engineers on how to perform these procedures in production.
Highlights of the solid and sustainable solution provided by our teams include:
- Improved turnaround time for new partner implementations: Our solution reduced turnaround time for new partner implementations by 30% by executing multiple partner implementations in parallel.
- Faster Boomi-Partner connectivity: The company had a different connectivity setup in their higher environment than that of their partners. We developed Proof-Of-Concept implementations for partner connectivity up-front, resulting in smoother deployments when onboarding partners.
- Re-usable components reduced the development time needed to integrate new partners: Our team introduced a common framework for shipment handling and invoicing that helped reduce the development time required to onboard new partners by 66%.
- Improvement in test accuracy and speed:The test cycle time was reduced by 30%, and the amount of effort required to perform testing was reduced by 50%.
- Faster turnaround time for debugging production issues:All test cases, plan definition mappings, and business requirements for both new and legacy partners were thoroughly documented, which resulted in faster issue resolutions.
- Smoother NetSuite platform upgrades for legacy partners:Our team introduced optimizations that reduced bandwidth requirements, avoiding delays when upgrading legacy partners. We successfully re-imported new NetSuite objects without affecting existing application performance.