GSPANN helped the client squeeze more value from their aging e-commerce platform by making it deliver search engine rankings that meets today’s expectations of web pages. GSPANN automated the process to eliminate any manual work while improving SEO consistency and quality across all pages.
We developed automation for optimizing the e-commerce category and product detail pages for search engines, based on category and product details that were found within a product feed that we created for Amazon.
From details found within the feed, we programmatically generated all common artifacts—the URL, page title, H1, and other elements—that are necessary for quality SEO. This eliminated the client’s manual effort in updating this information, or possibly worse, not getting to all the required updates before the product information changed again for the next season.
We started with the development of a category and product data feed that met all the requirements of Amazon, which also provided us the details we needed to update the client’s web pages.
The details within the data feed enabled us to automatically generate the following SEO artifacts that would improve the search rankings:
- Friendly URLs: Creating machine (like Google, Bing) and human-readable URLs.
- Page Title: Browser tab titles that met the recommended length yet were highly descriptive.
- Meta Description: Narrative descriptions of categories and products that are useful to the reader.
- H1 and H2 Content: Primary page content that aligns with keywords and remains descriptive.
- Microdata: Schema.org-based microdata that supports product review, breadcrumbs, ratings, and offers.
- Sitemap Updates: Updates to sitemap.xml that alerts the search engines to changes in the content structure.