GSPANN’s advanced analytics team examined the requirement and developed a POC first to overcome these issues. Following were the key tasks that we undertook:
- Decoded the blending logic from Tableau and implemented it at the database level.
- Removed unwanted historical columns from the reports.
- Created a database-level architecture flow.
- Displayed daily comparison and customer sales comparison in the reports using the data from different channels, such as channel marketing partner’s CRM, Marketo, Oracle database, and excel sheets.
- Created a landing page where the users can select the start or end date for a transaction or event along with the vendor name (alphabetically) to generate the reports.
We redefined the data model, built the dashboards from scratch, and filtered data in the data source to avoid errors in the reports. We performed reverse engineering of the existing Tableau architecture and implemented a new architecture to improve the performance. The model was built in the Teradata database and ETL tasks were performed on the data source. We created ‘Views’ for the target tables and created reports by fetching data from the database.