Our e-commerce team worked closely with the client’s Middleware and UI teams to develop new React Native mobile applications for both the Android and iOS platforms. To get shared image data, these applications communicate with the backend SFCC system through Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the existing S7 server.
Our e-commerce team helped in building a reliable custom API solution to handle a vast array of services while optimizing critical processes for conversion. We integrated key features around profile, promotion, cart, and order management on the app along with providing a comprehensive backend solution on Salesforce Commerce Cloud Business Manager that enables easy data management.
During the course of the project, our team developed and demonstrated multiple proofs-of-concept (PoCs) like Open Commerce API (OCAPI) tokenization and session bridge triggers. The PoCs were designed to identify data-sharing issues between the middleware and the mobile applications. We built an API gateway, Middleware service jobs, and used MongoDB for payments and OMS data storage. Several scenarios, like customer login, basket/cart sharing, and PayUBiz payment integration, were tested to ensure the app was fully functional and optimized for the best possible user experience.
As a partner, we helped the company upgrade their app technology, paving the way toward a smoother e-commerce ordering experience for their mobile device users.
Here are some highlights of our new solution:
- Ultra-fast development: Our team developed the entire solution in just three months.
- Separation of concerns: Separating the frontend and backend components enabled greater control over application development and deployments.
- Root-cause analysis: To address the concerns with the current app's slower performance, we implemented improvements like caching and the orchestration of OCAPI calls.
- Extensive use of Middleware: Our solution customized almost all SFCC hooks for maximum flexibility. The easy extensions for data sharing with AWS Middleware play a vital role in acquiring the required mobile app data. We also ensured that page-designer-related dynamic product content and images were shared with the Middleware.
- Enhanced API calls: Major APIs around product payments were improved by caching their base API usage, among other changes.
- Trusted system API: Smoother and efficient login experience achieved a trusted system API authentication implementation.