Our Adobe experts integrated AEM with the company’s e-commerce platform using the AEM CIF connector and Adobe I/O Runtime. The integration allows the company to retrieve real-time product data from Intershop to AEM product detail and landing pages without impacting performance.
The team developed an AEM CIF component to access the e-commerce platform using GraphQL APIs. They then designed and deployed a client node application with GraphQL schemas, controllers, and resolvers in the Adobe I/O Runtime framework. The solution injected GraphQL requests from AEM to IO, after which IO initiated a REST call to Intershop, fetching the required data. Integration with IO enables AEM to interact with the commerce platform seamlessly.
Data through CIF is transferred in real-time through APIs at a much faster rate than the company’s old system. The well-designed caching strategy on AEM, Adobe I/O, and Commerce platform helps the company manage the growing traffic without site performance concerns.
The team’s role in supporting the company included:
- Establishing a serverless architecture: The Adobe I/O Runtime (serverless) platform allowed our team to deploy custom applications to respond to AEM requests and execute functions right in the cloud without an additional server setup.
- Ensuring accurate and predictable data: AEM CIF components can initiate GraphQL queries and receive the data seamlessly. Such high precision provides the company with a scalable foundation for future growth.
- Streamlining access to e-commerce data: The solution allows AEM to connect to the company’s e-commerce platform through a single GraphQL endpoint. The simplified design makes the new system easier to maintain, minimizing the burden on the company’s engineering resources.
- Providing on-demand real-time data access: In the new system, AEM retrieves product data on-demand using real-time APIs for all product data defined in AEM Pages. Adobe I/O includes built-in caching features that guarantee high performance and avoid latency.
- Designing a seamless integration that empowers content authors: The seamless integration of the new implementation enables authors to access e-commerce data using embedded UIs whenever needed without leaving the content context. The AEM CIF framework provides out-of-the-box e-commerce components with commerce authoring features.